In need of inspiration!

Since the birth of our triplets almost 3 years ago, I've finally found an outlet for my creative side: photography! I've always had a yearning to do something creative, yet I can't even draw stick figures, Dave says I sing like a sick bird, and I haven't been able to learn how to sew. I've tried stamping and scrapbooking, which I enjoy, but I've always ended up making my cards and pages similar to others I found in magazines or online. But I finally bought my first DSLR camera, a Canon Rebel, after I had the triplets and while I still have a LOT to learn about photography, I'm really enjoying the learning process and have already seen a marked improvement in the images I've captured since then. I've also taken two workshops and two classes so far which have helped tremendously and taught me quite a bit. My equipment is not quite of professional caliber but you have to start somewhere, right? And it's truly something I love; I'm always excited when the kids and I attempt a photo shoot, though since I'm outnumbered and they're faster than I am, I don't always get the images I hope for. When I do, though, my heart melts. I've also been lucky enough to be allowed to take my cousin's beautiful daughter's senior portraits, which turned out wonderfully - if I may so myself, but I could use more practice with other subjects. I've decided to pursue photography outside my home and build up my portfolio of families and children, but I figure first things first - I need a name for my "business".  Unfortunately "Shari Lynn Photography" is already taken, as is "SLK Photography".  "Shari Karnowski Photography" hardly rolls off the tongue. "Shari K Photography" is an option, but doesn't thrill me. I've thought of "Four Monkeys Photography", but  I'm not so sure about that either. Any suggestions out there? I could use some help! Feel free to leave a comment on this post or email me at karno@charter.net.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Maybe you should go back to your "French" roots, well as far back as high school French anyway for some inspiration. What about "Mon Cherie Photography"?

Best of luck to you. I think you'll be a great photographer!!

Sandy
Shari said…
Taken! Can you believe it?
Anonymous said…
1. Shari's Shots (also good if you decide to take up shooting/guns).
2. Don't do anything spelled incorrectly like "Karnowski's Kamera".
3. Do you take pictures of single ladies for possible dating websites?
-Kreative Katie
Anonymous said…
MAZE Photography
One letter for each child's name.
Shari said…
Ok, MAZE photography is also taken. See how hard this is? And, someone else has a blog titled "Shari's Shots". Thanks for the suggestions, all, keep them coming! And yes, KK, I'll take shots (photos, that is) of anyone who wants them! If you are serious, do let me know.
Anonymous said…
How about Triple Shot?

NOS
Anonymous said…
Or Triple Play Photo?

NOS
Shari said…
Triple Play and Triple Shots are also taken already! Good suggestions though I wouldn't want Ellie to feel left out either. Ugh! Thanks for your suggesions, everyone, keep thinking!