Thanksgiving photos and Aidan's first haircut


Once again we're behind on our blog posts - sorry about that! I just don't know where the time goes. We had such a nice Thanksgiving at my mom's house. She got to feed Zoe some pie, Ellie serenaded us on the piano, and I got in some snuggle time with Maddie. All in all, it was a really nice day.
Ellie's continuing her swimming lessons at the Y but has to repeat Pike 2 again next session. She really loves it and is doing well but hasn't quite mastered all the skills to move onto the next level. She got her first report card from preschool and I
met with her teacher for a conference, she's doing absolutely great! Here's a quote from her report card: "Ellie is fun, friendly, imaginative, and inquisitive. She is a sweet addition to our class!" We're SO proud!
Maddie walking skills have really improved quickly; she no longer walks stiff-legged, like Frankenstein but moves around pretty easily. One problem we have with Maddie is that she is a biter! Aidan takes the brunt of it but she's been known to bite Zoe and Ellie, and even me if I get in the way! The kids are starting to fight over toys, chairs, you name it - and this is how she's figured out to get her way. Any suggestions on how to get her to stop?? Otherwise, she's such a smiley and happy kid! She, and Aidan too, are no longer in high chairs as they kept climbing out of them and onto the table, so they're in booster seats that are strapped to our kitchen chairs. Which also means it's finally time for Dave and me to buy some more chairs for our table.
Oh, and I think Maddie said "more" yesterday, but I'm not 100% sure...though I am sure they'll be talking very soon!
Zoe is doing great too; she was weighed at 14 lbs, 10 oz last week, which is about 6 oz. more than last month. She's still scooting around on her butt, but she is getting more and more independent. She was on my lap the other day and I swear she said "Down". I said "down?" and she repeated it again, so I let her down onto the floor and she took off. I think she'll start talking very soon too as she's been "talking" a lot more lately - baby talk, that is.
And finally, last but certainly not least, Aidan. Poor guy got his first haircut on December 5th:
As you can see, he really did not enjoy it. Hopefully the next one will go a little better! He too is starting to talk just a little bit. He now calls Dave "Dad-doo" and gets so excited when it's time for Dave to come home from work. He stares out the window calling "Da!" really loud, over and over and then waits by the door once Dave actually pulls into the driveway. He is such a chatterbug, I'm sure he just can't wait to start actually talking so we can understand him!

(PS: Sorry about the formatting, it looked fine until I posted the blog!)


Comments