It was a rough day today. The lone fact that the littles haven't napped in two days makes it a rough week so far. But our kids are looking a little worse for wear lately (thankfully we've already had their Christmas photos taken). On Sunday morning, Dave and I took the kids to the zoo and let them run around in the indoor exhibits and expend some energy. They were really well behaved and loved being free from the strollers - until Maddie got going a little too fast, tripped over her own feet, and fell face first onto the stone floor. Her top lip absorbed most of the fall, unfortunately, though she's feeling better today:

Clearly our kids haven't learned anything from their "Five Little Monkeys" book we've read them thousands of times. Today, Ellie and Aidan were jumping on Aidan's bed and just as I was telling them to stop and get down, Aidan threw himself down on the bed but missed his pillow and smashed the bridge of his nose onto the top of his wooden headboard. I heard an awful crack and am worried he may have broken his nose. It's a little misshapen but it's too soon to tell if it looks that way from the swelling or if it is actually broken. He's recovered well, and he's acting completely normal. I called our pediatrician who said we can watch him for a couple days and if we still have concerns once the swelling goes down, we can bring him in then. In the meantime, I'm sure he'll have a couple of shiners by tomorrow morning:

And, speaking of shiners, Ellie still is sporting one on her left eye from running into a wall at my mom's on Thanksgiving. It's hard to see in this photo, but it's still clearly visible in person. I wonder what her preschool teachers think? They haven't mentioned it to us.

Thankfully Zoe is, as of yet, unscathed.

As I mentioned, the kids haven't napped in two days. Zoe and Maddie did catch a few winks on the couch as we were waiting for Dave to come home from work, but Aidan held out until just after dinnertime. As I was trying to wash up the dishes after dinner, he crawled over to the floor at my feet, curled into a ball, and conked out. I ended up putting him to bed at 6:15, and, knock on wood, he's still down for the night. I just hope he stays down until morning, but just in case he doesn't, I'd better get to bed now myself!
Clearly our kids haven't learned anything from their "Five Little Monkeys" book we've read them thousands of times. Today, Ellie and Aidan were jumping on Aidan's bed and just as I was telling them to stop and get down, Aidan threw himself down on the bed but missed his pillow and smashed the bridge of his nose onto the top of his wooden headboard. I heard an awful crack and am worried he may have broken his nose. It's a little misshapen but it's too soon to tell if it looks that way from the swelling or if it is actually broken. He's recovered well, and he's acting completely normal. I called our pediatrician who said we can watch him for a couple days and if we still have concerns once the swelling goes down, we can bring him in then. In the meantime, I'm sure he'll have a couple of shiners by tomorrow morning:
And, speaking of shiners, Ellie still is sporting one on her left eye from running into a wall at my mom's on Thanksgiving. It's hard to see in this photo, but it's still clearly visible in person. I wonder what her preschool teachers think? They haven't mentioned it to us.
Thankfully Zoe is, as of yet, unscathed.
As I mentioned, the kids haven't napped in two days. Zoe and Maddie did catch a few winks on the couch as we were waiting for Dave to come home from work, but Aidan held out until just after dinnertime. As I was trying to wash up the dishes after dinner, he crawled over to the floor at my feet, curled into a ball, and conked out. I ended up putting him to bed at 6:15, and, knock on wood, he's still down for the night. I just hope he stays down until morning, but just in case he doesn't, I'd better get to bed now myself!
Comments